Friday, July 27

Sponsor Spotlight: Tophatter, the next Etsy?

[If you're in a rush and don't have to read all this, skip down to bottom for a lovely deal!]

I was recently asked to check out a website called Tophatter. Upon realizing that it was an online auction site, I expected to find an interface similar to Ebay. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was not the case at all! As much as I love Ebay for the sake of cleaning out my closet, it's such a pain to browse in, unless you know exactly what you want. I'm kind of obsessed with this site now, so I thought I'd take the time to share it with you guys! :) 

Tophatter uses live auctions--there's a cute little cartoon auctioneer on the screen, and you basically sit within a chat room sort of interface and bid on the items as the auctioneer calls them up. As a result, items are sold in minutes rather than during a 7-day span. Auctions are scheduled throughout the day and split into categories like vintage goods, designer brands, and gourmet eats.

They have some really cool stuff. It's almost like Etsy in live auction format--which means an endless supply of items to drool over. Here's some of the cool crafty stuff I've found there lately:

Old keys, Vintage magazine pages, Vintage stamps


I'm in serious danger of buying a bunch of random old stuff. But really. So many projects I could do with these...

Later today there's a gourmet food auction that has me drooling already...

Key Lime Cooler Cookies, Homemade Kettle Cooked Fudge, Fresh Peach Cobblers In A Jar

Tophatter has given me a wonderful deal to share with you guys! If you register for an account in order to check the auctions out, you get a free $5 credit towards bidding. Just make sure you use this referral link, one of the links on this post, or click the button on my sidebar. It literally takes seconds to register.

Since many of the items start at less than $5, there's a chance you could snatch an item for only a few dollars worth of shipping! You know how much I love a good deal. :) 

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!