Saturday, February 19

Wind = Silly Photos (18+19)

When I misjudge the weather and wear a flowy skirt on a windy day, I have to deal with Marilyn Monroe moments. Except for her it's iconic, for me it's just awkward.

Yes, go ahead and laugh. That's what it's here for. :) These are a little less struggle filled.

 Top: JCPenney, $7
Skirt: thrifted/altered, $4
Cardigan: TJ Maxx, $12 (gift card)
Shoes: thrifted, $2.50
Belt: thrifted, $1
Total Spent: $26.50

 Day 19. I did some creative overlappage of shirts (yes, I'm taking creative liberties with my vocabulary), and turned my purple AE shirt into a fake cropped dolman. 

(outfit linked to Jewelscapes Jewlery's post from Wednesday on jewelry...you can go and see how others accessorized for their outfits there!)
 Purple Top: AE (gift card)
Striped Top: H&M, $8
Jeans: Free (gift)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe, $15
Tights: Charlotte Russe, $6.50
Necklace: thrifted, $1
Sunglasses: Target, $3
Total Spent: $33.50

So...I'm beginning to get a little exasperated by 30 for 30. Early in the challenge, a fellow remixers quit the challenge, saying how rather than promoting creative use of one's wardrobe, this challenge seems to be stifling instead. I keep coming up with good outfit ideas only to realize they involve items not in the challenge, so I'm starting to understand what she means. And I'm developing a lengthy mental list of things I want to buy the second I'm allowed to shop again., which is counter-intuitive to that aspect of the challenge as well. However, I will finish. Already two-thirds of the way there!

One more thought on the remix. I think it's actually making my blog posts kind of dull. I've been putting all my blogging time into pumping out remix outfit posts each day, so I haven't had the chance to post about anything else, and I'm sorry about that, because I know I'd like to see more variety if I were looking at a blog! So in March, I'd like to change things up a bit. Start doing more DIYs, thrift store posts, fashion inspiration posts, etc...because I sort of miss those. Remixing is fun, but when every fashion blog you read is doing the same thing, it starts to get a little exasperating. But just a little. I still love looking at other people's remix outfits.