Friday, July 13

A Touch of Color

As you may recall, I got these things at the thrift store not too long ago (if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the post about it). They're all pretty fantastic as they are, but to give them a little update and make them better suited to my room decor, I did a little painting this week. I worked on the two frames and a wooden box:



I just used basic acrylic paint for all of these. I removed the velvet lining from the interior piece of the wooden box and sanded/cleaned it until most of the existing paint and glue came off. 

With these changes, this is what my haul now looks like:

 
The wooden carved box on the tray also got a little bit of a makeover. It had some old felt lining inside that looked pretty gross, so I ripped it out and covered the inside with white gesso instead. I may go back and line it will some pretty paper or fabric scrap later, we'll see! 

I can't wait to put this all to use!