Monday, November 5

Refashioning a Refashion



I got this skirt about two years ago in the form of a brand new Forever 21 dress that I found at Goodwill for $4. I cut off the top of the dress because it was ridiculously short and I figured that turning it into a skirt would give me the ability to wear it lower on the waist, therefore making it more modest.

I wore it a few times like that, but there's only so much you can do, and it still seemed short to me. 

So I turned it into a girl's skirt and gave it to my sister. 

 


This was a super easy, 5 minute alteration. I just sewed in the waistband as needed, along the red dashed line as indicated in an image above.

The stitch could easily be taken apart and adjusted to fit as she grows. And this adorable skirt now be worn as it deserves to be, without being awkward and short. 

Now...if someone can find me an adult sized version of this skirt as it fits on my sister, please tell me. Because I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat.