Saturday, August 4

Food Post: Grilled Salmon with Curried Couscous


Made this the other day, it's delicious and quick and really easy. Take my word for it, I'm a college student; those three criteria are what we live by.

[Again, I apologize for the fact that these instructions are going to be rather vague. I don't really cook with recipes or measurements. But this is super easy, and there's a slim chance of messing it up!]

The Salmon:
I marinated a filet of salmon for a few hours before cooking. All I did was brush it with some soy sauce, honey, ground ginger, honey mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Left it in the fridge covered in foil until mealtime. It only really needs to marinade for maybe 30 minutes, but this is just super convenient because you can prep it ahead of time and just leave it in the fridge until you're ready to cook it!

For cooking it, place it in the oven at 400 degrees, covered, for 15 minutes. Then unwrap the foil and bake a few more minutes, either in the oven or in the broiler depending on preference. 

Broccoli:
I had some broccoli that had been pre-steamed, so I stuck it in with the salmon to roast to tender and soak up a little bit of flavor. 

 Couscous:
The couscous was not baked with the salmon, I prepared it on the stove top.
Simply follow the instructions on the package for preparing couscous (it only takes 5 minutes), and add curry powder to taste. I also added a bit of turmeric, but that's in curry powder, I just added more because it's evidently good for you?

Approximate cooking time? About 20 minutes. And it's all so good and good for you. :) 


Also I bought a lot of things this week....I think I might need to go on a shopping ban. But they were super great deals (as in $0.26 for a pair of Tommy Hilgifer wedges great), and I just about doubled my pile of refashion projects, so I can't wait to share all those with you guys. :)