Friday, January 28

A Different Kind of Shopping Spree

Today I paid a trip to JoAnn's, the craft store. I went with the intention of getting some pins and a seam ripper, and of course that's not what I came out with. In fact, I completely forgot about the seam ripper. I did get some pretty cool things though:

I purchased some jewelry making items and finished my first project within 10 minutes of arriving back home. I'm not even sure I should credit myself with having created anything, because a four year old could probably do this. I just threaded clay beads onto a gold chain and then closed the chain back up with a pair of jewelry pliers. I added a bow for an extra touch.



I also purchased several other things, including a pink invisible zipper that is for a project that I will post upon completion, and some black lace. The lace was for this easy DIY project.



This is an H&M puff sleeved top I purchased this summer for $8. Really cute as it is, but I thought the lace would make it even better. Also, I'm going to use the excess lace for another project, hopefully, inspired by this tee, from Delia's.

The giraffe print is actually lace patterns. Crazy right? I love it. So I'm going to see if I can whip up my own variation of it!

I'll end this post with an outfit:

Cardigan: Charlotte Russe, $5
Top: Hollister, $7 (but used a gift card)
Skirt: Charlotte Russe, $5
Tights: Forever21, $5 ish? 
Boots: Deb, $10
Total Spent: $25