Sunday, September 16

Banana Pancakes


This morning I got up and decided that I wanted pancakes. I also decided to make up the recipe. These turned out amazing, so I'm sharing it. It's also going to have a ridiculous name, because I don't know how else to accurately describe them.

Banana Oatmeal Wheat Pancakes with Flaxseed
  • 1 cup wheat flour
  •   1/2 cup white flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas
Combine flour and baking powder. Whisk egg and combine with oil and milk, add to flour mixture. Add in water and mix thoroughly. Mash bananas until slightly chunky, add into batter. Add flax, oatmeal, cinnamon, and vanilla. 

And with that the batter's ready. :) 

This made about 16 pancakes, I believe.

I would just like to point out what a pretty golden brown they turned out to be. Perfect pancakes make me happy. 



 I drizzled chocolate syrup and honey over top, and added some sliced bananas for good measure. 
They also tasted amazing with peanut butter and honey. But then again, pretty much everything tastes good with peanut butter and honey...

I think I have a new Sunday tradition.